By Janet Lee Staff Writer
Health is always been a big concern amongst many people; however, finding healthier alternatives for different types of foods has become very popular. For example, kale. A lot of people were unfamiliar with the vegetable, but as juicing became a new trending fad, kale is the “it” vegetable. There are so many ways to eat kale: kale chips, kale salad, kale juice, etc. With kale, I would like to introduce this new vegetable that can be eaten as a pizza crust: Cauliflower Crust Pizza.
Here is what you will need:
- Nonstick spray
- Baking sheet or pizza pan
- Large microwavable bowl
- 1 egg
- 1/2 large head of cauliflower
- 1 1/4 cups of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 table spoons of grated parmesan cheese
- 1/4 tomato sauce
- 2 cloves of sliced garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Slices of ham
- Dole sliced pineapple
Here is how to make it:
- Cut out the baking sheet and preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- Grate the cauliflower using a grater until you have two cups of cauliflower crumbles. Or, you can us a knife and finely chop the cauliflower.
- Take the grated cauliflower and put it into the microwaveable bowl
- Then, microwave the cauliflower for 7-8 minutes, until the cauliflower is soft.
- Set the cauliflower to cool.
- Mix the egg, mozzarella and parmesan cheese with a pinch of salt and pepper.
- Once it is mixed, spray the pizza pan/ baking sheet with the nonstick spray.
- Pat the cauliflower mixture into a pizza circle.
- Bake the cauliflower for 10-15 minutes until it is golden.
- Let it cool.
- Then, the tomato sauce, pineapple, and ham.
- Don’t forget to top it off with a little more mozzarella cheese
- Bake your pizza for another 10 minutes! -
Finally, bon appetite! Cauliflower is a vegetable not many people eat. However, give this recipe a shot! This is a great alternative and a guilt-free pizza because it has less carbs. There are so many different ways you can make this, just change up your toppings. You can add any kind of vegetable or whatever toppings you personally enjoy on your pizza. You can now add cauliflower as a vegetable you now eat. Enjoy!