By: Sophia Strawser
The weather has had its ups and downs lately, ranging from snowfall to crisp spring days. Finding the perfect outfit for this weather is the hard part, possibly harder than our classes -- or at least the ones we pay attention to. (So, none of them.)
Must-haves for this weather:
- An umbrella. Lately Mother Nature has been changing her mind midday, so just when you think you are in the clear it begins to rain or snow. If you throw an umbrella in your bag for the duration of spring you will be sure to be covered.
- A handle of alcohol. Welcome to spring semester, freshmen.
- Keep shoe cleaner in your dorm room. There is nothing worse than your suede boots getting ruined just because Long Island is a perpetual puddle.
- Grab a pair of gloves. Whether you like the leather or suede style that has become huge this winter or you like plain old cotton gloves, keeping a pair in your pocket or bag will keep you prepared for these windy days that seem to keep coming back.
- Invest in a jacket with a hood. It is always a nice idea to have something with a hood in case the wind is crazy, it’s snowing, or you see someone you are trying to avoid.
- Chocolate. When life hands you Long Island weather just… I’m not sure where I was going with that one.
We may be going to school on Long Island but that doesn’t mean that Long Island weather has to determine what we look like in class. Our hair can be perfect, our clothes how we like them. Make sure to prepare for this bipolar weather because it looks like this winter is going to be a confusing one.