By Matt Napolitano, Humor Columnist
Mo Cassara is really making his voice heard on the Hofstra campus and he's doing it in 140 characters or less. Yep, the successor of the overly hair-gelled Tom Pecora and the over the limit Tim Welsh is quite the avid user of the social networking site Twitter. Cassara tweets daily, usually commenting on something related to the hoops program or to anything else going on in Hofstra athletics.
It goes without saying that Cassara is tech-savvy enough to compete with those freaky twins in "The Social Network" and his messages are definitely getting the campus ready for a promising season.
However, it makes you wonder. With the hectic offseason, Cassara is entering a season with fans a little worried of what could be ahead.
We here at The Chronicle want to prepare fans, with some tweets that we hope won't be popping on the coach's Twitter. So, let's go to Mo!
10. Oh no, @CharlesJenkins broke his ankle in practice today. Looks like his year is over : (
9. Just purchased a brand new green blazer. Can't wait to face IUPUI!
8. Halil returned to campus. Supposed to have a big meeting, but he left early.
7. "Look at Me" guy slipped me a pocket beer, this Lion's Den is amazing!! #doworkson
6. Just pooted on the bus, and everyone gon smell it…smh
5. @mattnapolitano You're right, @Gregwashington is really tall. He got his head stuck in the scoreboard twice this morning.
4. I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH!! I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH!! I WHIP MY HAIR BACK AND FORTH!! Gettin jiggy wit it nite y'all
3. Leaving City Cellar. The green lights mean stop, right?
2. Star recruit on campus, asked about football team. Anyone know how I should break it to him? #thisisawkward
1. Taking the Fordham job!!! GO RAMS WOOOOOOO!!! #peacehofstra